So, I've been largely MIA for two weeks. No, I didn't go to Bora Bora.
No, I didn't quit doing what I do.
No, I wasn't captured by aliens.
Definitely, NO, I've Not been having 24/7 sex and unable to come up for air.
All that being said, I've been consumed with catching up with family and being a mom for the last 14 days.
Packing, unpacking, rinsing and repeating, and ending it all with a destination wedding.
Now, I'm back in the saddle (and ouch, it hurts after being gone for so long), but I am in it, thankfully.
Today, marked back to school for my kids, so I guess, summer is officially over in my house, and it is only appropriate that I share the top TEN
pieces of shit I learned this summer:
1. Summer is no fun as a responsible adult. There are no midnight rides to nowhere or make out sessions on the 18th hole.
2. Two things come from hanging in a hammock in the garden of a posh hotel in South Florida with lights flickering above and the ocean crashing in the background: great ideas and bug bites.
3. Indies write amazing freaking books with the freedom to create the best characters, and all of a sudden I lust cowboys like Mason in MoonDance in Red by Salem Archer and Grayson in Perfectly Imperfect by Fabiola Francisco.
4. Couch sex is so not what I remember...
5. My twenties were all they were damn well cracked up to be, and books like Fifteen Weekends by Christy Pastore remind me of just that...and, deep inside, I am an "Emily."
6. When the characters in your head star playing out a scene on a big extended family vacation, pretend you have to pee and go write that shit down.
7. There are advantages to being a morning person, such as getting to know people on the other side of the Atlantic.
8. Speaking of rockers, I fell head over heels with one over the summer. Alan Manzone from Girl on the Half Shell by Susan Ward.
9. I also happened to begin to carry a flame for moviestar playboy, Alex Tate in Perfect Plans by CJ Wells.
10. I love fall and being back in the saddle...
So, get ready to Smolder Soon.